The businesses who are members of the “FEINHEIMISCH – Fine food from Schleswig-Holstein” Society:
- Are committed to meeting at least 60% of their requirements with top-quality produce from Schleswig-Holstein;
- Cook with fresh produce and avoid any of the food industry’s convenience products;
- Process the produce according to skilled gastronomy practices;
- Only fall back on produce from neighbouring regions if the required quality is not available in Schleswig-Holstein;
- Support each other in searching for the best locally grown produce, collaborating with local producers and training the next generation;
- Accept any Schleswig-Holstein gastronomy business as a member of this community of interest, providing it observes the same principles and has three advocates (sponsors) among the current members;
- See themselves as a networked association linking the fields of gastronomy, business, tourism and culture.